- Paul & Carol David Pool Closed2019-07-16
We apologize for the unexpected pool shutdown. The new HVAC system has been ordered and is scheduled for install in August. Please feel free to use any of the other YMCA of Stark County pools during this time.
As the leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y works side-by-side with our neighbors every day to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. To do our important work, the Y relies on support from members, donors, volunteers and community leaders.
When you are involved with the Y, you help bring about lasting personal and social change. Whether you want to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve your or your family's health and well-being, or give back and support your neighbors, your involvement with the Y will positively impact those in your community.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y's efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
If you would like to be involved, please call your local branch or fill out the online application.