The YMCA of Central Stark County is the largest child care provider in the county. We offer quality before and after school care, full-day and partial-day child care for infants through preschoolers (at participating branches), enabling parents and family members to go to work knowing their children are in safe, stimulating environments.
INFANT & TODDLER
(Offered at the North Canton CDC)
As a part of our Infant and Toddler program your little one will be surrounded by a caring staff who is here to support him/her during this important period of development.
- Our infants enjoy a flexible schedule that meets each child’s needs.
- Toddlers share meal and rest times and begin to practice group learning experiences.
(Offered at the North Canton CDC and Minerva Area YMCA)
The Y preschool is a great beginning for a lifetime of learning! With a curriculum rooted in the Early Learning and Development standards children ages 3-5 can participate in full or part-day programs that will prepare them for kindergarten.
Before and Afterschool Programs
With a focus on safety, health, social growth and academic enhancement, Y afterschool programs serve kindergartners through sixth graders (some locations up to eight grade) with a variety of programming options to explore and develop their interests and talents.
- No School, No Problem.
- The YMCA offers Fun Club Days for children Grades K-6 (up to 8th grade depending on location) on days when school is not in session.
- The theme-based day of fun and adventure incorporates a variety of activities: arts and crafts, games, singing, and even free play.
Check with your Y location for days and times.
We offer a weekly summer program for children entering grades 1-8.
The children participate in a setting which allows for: exploration, crafts, singing, games, swimming, and just plain FUN!
- We offer Specialty camps that include Kindercamp, Sports, Art and Science camps.
- Weekly fee covers: All supervision, program shirt, field trip transportation and admission fees.