FREE to members 13 & older. Please contact your local YMCA for questions about younger participants.
- The exercise classes have been categorized to help you pick a program that meets your fitness level.
- If you are unsure about your level or have questions please contact the Heath & Wellness Director/Coordinator at your local YMCA.
- SEARCH SCHEDULES: for an updated list of classes, schedules (days & times) or pick up a current schedule at your Y.
- Schedules are subject to change.
CLASSES LISTED ACCORDING TO WORK OUT TYPE & IMPACT
CARDIO - LOW
CARDIO - MEDIUM
CARDIO - HIGH
LOW = Work-up a sweat WITHOUT jumping. STRONG moves that are easy on the joints.
|LOW IMPACT||Cardio class with some strength included|
|Dance Fitness||Paul & Carol David, Minerva Area|
|Fitness Fusion||Eric Snow, North Canton|
|Forever Fit||Paul & Carol David|
|Lo Impact||Louisville, North Canton|
|Line Dancing||Meyers Lake, Paul & Carol David|
|Senior Fitness||Alliance, Lake, Meyers Lake, Minerva Area, North Canton|
|CARDIO/ STRENGTH||Cardio and strength done in stations or while walking|
- Exercises done to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activities of daily living - primarily a strength class.
- ALL YMCA branches offer this class.
- A party with exercise! Interval training format, combining various rhythms with movements that tone the body.
- ALL YMCA branches offer this class
- Low to high intensity cardio workout with NO impact to the joints.
- Great for beginners to advanced exercisers, because YOU control the resistance.
- LOCATIONS: Alliance, Lake, Louisville, North Canton, Paul & Carol David
MEDIUM = More intense moves with moderate to high impact on the joints
|COMBO||Cardio, strength, and core done in many combinations and styles.|
|Cardio Strength Flow||Paul & Carol David|
|Core / Cycle||Paul & Carol David|
|CXWORX / Cycle||Paul & Carol David|
|Cycle / Strength ||Paul & Carol David|
|Interval Blast||Meyers Lake, Minerva Area|
|Mix it Up||North Canton|
|Wild Card||Meyers Lake|
- Full body workout incorporating martial arts techniques, boxing moves and strengthening exercises.
- LOCATIONS: Eric Snow, Lake, Louisville, North Canton
- Cardio and strength workout, utilizing a step as the main prop.
|Cardio Step||Meyers Lake, Minerva|
|Step||Lake, North Canton|
|Step/Strength Interval||North Canton|
- Interval training with short/long runs, to increase endurance. May be held outside.
|Runner's Fitness Challenge||North Canton|
|Zero 2 Run||Lake|
HIGH = Fast-paced, high intensity moves and impact. Not recommended for beginners.
|INTERVAL TRAINING||Timed segments and drills of cardio, strength, and plyometrics.|
|Boot Camp||Alliance, Louisville, North Canton|
|Cardio X-Training||Lake, North Canton, Paul & Carol|
|H.I.I.T. (High Intensity Interval Training)||Eric Snow, North Canton|
|Power Hour||Paul & Carol David|
|To the Limit||Paul & Carol David|
STRENGTH & CORE
|STRENGTH||Muscle conditioning for all major muscle groups, using various props. |
|Barre Toning||Paul & Carol David|
|Pilates, Pushups & Planks||Alliance, Paul & Carol David|
|Power Pump||Alliance, Minerva Area|
|Strength||Lake, Meyers Lake, Minerva Area, North Canton|
|Total Body Toning||Paul & Carol David|
|CORE/BALANCE||Cardio and strength done in stations or while walking|
|Hard Core||Lake, Louisville, Meyers Lake, North Canton|
|Pilates||Alliance, Lake, Louisville, North Canton|
|SilverSneakers® / Chair Yoga||Meyers Lake, North Canton, Paul & Carol David, Minerva Area|
|Tai Chi||Lake, Paul & Carol David|
|Yoga (various formats)||Alliance, Eric Snow, Lake, Louisville, Meyers Lake, North Canton, Paul & Carol David|