Frequently Asked Questions
Who will be wearing masks?
YMCA staff will be wearing face coverings. Members are highly encouraged to wear face coverings when not working out.
Will the Y be limiting the number of members in the facility?
We are asking all members to practice social distancing guidelines while in our facilities but at this time the Y will not be limiting the number of members in the facility.
What should I bring?
- Workout towel, towel service will not be available.
- Water bottle, water bottle filling stations will be available, however, drinking fountains will be closed.
- Membership card for self-checking in at the desk.
What will be available in Phase 1?
The cardio and weight equipment in the wellness center will be open.
Can I bring a guest?
At this time only active members of the YMCA of Central Stark County will be able to access our Ys. No day passes, guest passes, or members of other Ys will be admitted.
When will information about the pool, gym, and child watch opening be announced?
Information about the next phase will be available at the beginning of June and updated information about openings can be found here on our website and our Facebook pages. We are anticipating opening up our pool for limited lap use around June 12th. Please check back for updates!
When will group exercise classes resume?
In Phase 1 virtual group exercise classes will continue with links on our website and Facebook pages. We are anticipating resuming group exercise classes in our branches with a limited schedule beginning around June 12th.
Will there be a special time for seniors?
Not at this time, seniors are welcome during all operating hours. We are anticipating the restart of some senior group exercise classes after June 12th.
When will the Y operating hours be expanded?
We anticipate opening our branches earlier in the morning beginning June 12th.
What about my membership fees?
- All members will be drafted for membership fees on June 15th.
- If you are not ready to return to the Y, you can keep your membership on hold by calling your YMCA branch by June 5th.
- We will not be drafting for towel service, laundry service, or locker fees on June 15th.
- Membership support is available for those members who want to remain a Y member but are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID 19. To apply complete the financial assistance form.
What about the credit I have on my account from the March 15th membership draft?
- That credit will be used to cover your membership from May 26th - June 14th.