ADA and EEO
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA)
The YMCA is committed to complying fully with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory basis. The YMCA of Central Stark County shall:
- Make a “reasonable accommodation” to disabled employees unless such accommodation would impose “undue hardship” on business operations.
- Provide access for disabled persons to public accommodations operated by the YMCA including activities, camps, facilities and programs.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
The YMCA of Central Stark County is committed to an affirmative action program designed to:
- Recruit, hire, train, and promote people in all job classifications in the YMCA without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disabilities, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.
- Make reasonable accommodations to the mental and physical limitations of disabled employees and applicants.
- Base recruitment, employment, training and promotional decisions solely upon an individual’s qualifications to meet the essential functions of the position for which the individual is being considered.
The YMCA of Central Stark County is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity for all of its employees and applicants. We actively seek and employ qualified persons in all job classifications and administer all personnel actions affecting employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.