OHIO'S RETURN-TO-PLAY LAW: What a Parent/Guardian Needs to Know
- For your child's safety we require those under the age of 6 to have a parent/guardian within an arms reach of them at all times.
- To swim without a parent of guardian, children must be 6 years of age or older AND 48" tall OR able to pass the deep water test.
- Wrist bands are required during Open Swim
- Computer shows which band each child should have
- Information is entered into the computer after test
- Deep Water Test for children 6-14 years of age
- Must swim one length (25 yards) front crawl with face in water, breathing without hesitation and above water arm revocery
- Jump into deep end and resurface
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Float on back and go from floating position to prone/standing position
- At the guard's discretion, swimmers may be asked to retake the test at any time
The YMCA of Central Stark County will make a good faith effort to keep personal information confidential. We do our best to store such information in a secure location only accessible by authorized personnel. We will not sell personal information or distribute it to third parties unless required by law to do so.
Personal information is not collected, except as noted, when browsing the website. Some areas of our site may require you to supply us with personal information; however, this information may be necessary for the purpose of correspondence, exchanging information, site registration or other specified applications. This website does collect public information which includes how you use our site, IP addresses and / or the domain names of the browsers that visit our site, the time of day and length of time our site was visited, and other information that does not identify you as an individual.
The YMCA of Central Stark County may also retain electronic communications you send to our staff representatives, webmaster or other associates. These communications may be shared only within the YMCA of Central Stark County as a means to continually improve our customer service.
The YMCA of Central Stark County considers the individual information we retain as private; our policy is to disclose no personal information gathered on-line unless release is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or government proceedings or investigations. The YMCA of Central Stark County does not rent, sell or transmit personal information to other organizations.
The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any class. Full refunds will be given. No refunds will be given for classes unless canceled by the “Y”. If you are unable to take a class due to doctor’s orders, a refund or credit will be given if canceled before the class has begun. After the start of a session, a credit may be given for medical reasons at the discretion of the Department Director.
Children ages 10-12 may use the Wellness Center with a Parent and are REQUIRED to:
- Complete Jump Start with a Parent
- Be on the same floor/room and within Parent's eyesight
- Use Cardio machines only as long as they fit appropriately (varies by branch based on equipment options)
- Parent and child must wear blue wrist band (obtain at front desk)
Ages 13 - 17
- Must attend Youth Safety Clinic and abide by guidelines given
- Wipe down all equipment after use with paper towel sprayed with cleaner; please do not spray cleaner directly on equipment.
- To allow others to complete their workout, please do not rest on equipment between sets.
- Closed-toe shoes required
- Please wear tank top over bra top or shirt to cover chest/torso area.
- No gum, food, beverages (EXCEPT WATER) permitted
- No tobacco products permitted
- As a safety precaution, please refrain from using cell phones or texting while on equipment.
- Use of a locker with a secure lock is recommended; do not leave valuables in cubbies. The YMCA is not responsible for items left in cubbies.
- Keep personal items off floor, store in locker or cubbies – NO GYM BAGS on Wellness Center floor.
- Offensive language or conduct will not be tolerated.
- If you have a concern with another member, please see the Wellness Center Staff for assistance with the issue.
- Misuse of equipment, or non-compliance to Wellness Center Guidelines or staff, may result in immediate suspension of membership. Staff reserves the right to dismiss any member from premise for failure to follow rules and regulations of the YMCA.