YMCA Camp Tippecanoe is located has an 1100 acre woodland setting on Lake Clendening in Harrison County. Our beautiful setting is perfect for making memories but is not always ideal for the first time traveler. Our long time campers and their families are very familiar with the drive.
We want your time with us to be enjoyable and that starts with your arrival. So if you are coming to camp for the first time or it has been awhile then please read through our quick tips of travel to camp found below or click here to download directions to take with you on the trip.
Quick Tips of Travel to Camp:
1. Download our 'How to Get to Camp' driving directions from the website with mileage.
2. DO NOT rely on your GPS alone. Many have tried and ended up in corn fields.
3. Give yourself plenty of travel time.
4. Dirt roads do not always mean you are lost. The camp entrance is found about 3.5 miles from the closest paved road.
5. Traveling with daylight is good for the first time visit.
6. If you are unsure, stop and ask. If you continue to drive around without asking, you may become further lost. A lot of the local folks know about the camp.
7. Depending on what direction you come from, be sure to fill up the tank in either Freeport (from the south & west), Cadiz (from the east) & Urichsville (from the north). Gas stations are not close by.
8. Cell phone reception is not reliable the closer you get to camp. So if you have a question call stop and call when you have signal.
These are quick tips that we have learned over the years from our guests. These will make your trip a bit more enjoyable. Please feel free to call us at 800-922-0679 or by emailing .
To preregister a camper, please call 1-800-922-0679
For questions and information, email