Children are like sponges - they watch and absorb knowledge, skills and values from everything and everyone around them. At the Y, we believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for quality of life and future success. That's why our child care, afterschool and Child Watch programs are staffed with people who understand the cognitive, physical and social development of kids, the need children have to feel connected and supported in trying new things, and the caring and reinforcement parents and families need to help each other. At the Y, babies develop trust and security, preschoolers experience early literacy and learn about their world, and school-age kids make friends, learn new skills and do homework. Most importantly, children learn how to be their best selves. That makes for confident kids today, and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
INFANT, TODDLER, PRESCHOOL & SCHOOL-AGE
- Year-round child care serving children birth - age 12.
- Licensed by the State of Ohio.
- Staff trained and certified in Child Abuse Recognition and Prevention, Common Childhood Illness, First Aid, CPR and Child Development.
- Participate in the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Includes homework help, arts & crafts and outdoor play or gym time.
- Emphasizes the character values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
Before and Afterschool Programs
With a focus on safety, health, social growth and academic enhancement, Y afterschool programs serve kindergartners through sixth graders (some locations up to eight grade) with a variety of programmatic and activity options to explore and develop their interests and talents.
- No School, No Problem.
- The YMCA offers Fun Club Days for children Grades K-6 (up to 8th grade depending on location) on days when school is not in session.
- The theme-based day of fun and adventure incorporates a variety of activities: arts and crafts, games, singing, and even free play.
Check with your local YMCA branch for days and times.
Summer Day Camp
Our weekly summer program is for children entering grades 1-8.
The children participate in a setting which allows for: exploration, crafts, singing, games, swimming, and just plain FUN!
The weekly fee covers:
- all supervision
- program shirt
- field trips and admission fees
Registration begins April 1st - with NO REGISTRATION FEE.
Spots are limited so be sure to sign-up early at your branch.
NEW this YEAR!
Spend the week learning skills to enhance your game! Campers will learn the basics of each sport along with speed and agility training.
Campers will spend a week immersed in creative arts! Led by a certified art teacher, this camp will be art-rageous!
Your scientists will love this camp! Creating and exploring the world through science fun is the goal of this camp, led by a certified science teacher!
We offer free drop-in child care while members, mom or dad, make use of the Y. Playful, engaging options are plentiful for young children while you exercise or connect with others over shared interests.
- Available for children while parent/guardian is using facility.
- Parent must remain in building/on YMCA grounds
- See branch for specifics.
- Fee for non-members
Financial Assistance is available through the Ohio Departmant of Jobs and Family Services or the YMCA. Assistance is made possible through the generous contributions from YMCA members and the United Way. Because of this, the YMCA is able to uphold it's promise to never turn anybody away due to an inability to pay. For an application, stop by the Member Service Desk at your local YMCA or you can click here to download a Financial Assistance Application. All applications are kept confidential.
Sign up for the YMCA newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter for instant updates on the YMCA of Central Stark County!